Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stott's Seven Stages

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)

John Stott points out there are seven great stages in this statement by the Apostle Paul.

1. God is able to do because he is not idle or inactive or dead.

2. God can do what we ask because he hears us when we pray.

3. He can do what we think because he knows what we think before we think it.

4. He can do all we ask or think because he knows it all and can do it all.

5. He can do more than we ask or think because his plans are bigger than our plans.

6. He can do much more than we ask or think because there is no holding back with God.

7. He can do exceedingly abundantly beyond what we can imagine because he is the God of the superlative

2 comments:

DAS said...

One of the hardest things for me as a Christian is to tell the difference between my own thoughts and desires ... and the guidance of God.

I pray God helps me get to the point where I can ask every day "Jesus live through me" ... and really follow through.

Ruthie said...

I needed to read this today. I have been feeling a bit discouraged about trying to deal with my medical issues. As usual, I need to let GOd help me handle things because He is a lot better at it than I am. I am going to keep a copy of this scripture and list where I can read it every day. Thanks, Pastor Del