Friday, April 3, 2009

Random

It's been a few days since my last blog entry. I'm in the process of making some changes to the look and feel of "Life @ The Center." You'll notice them very soon!

At the moment I'm sitting in the Dallas-Fort Worth International airport waiting to board an American Airlines flight back to Philly. I've been here for a couple of days of meetings.

I've completed Sunday morning's message, which will be the final portion of the Truth Project. I'm looking forward to it...should be a great day!

The entire Truth Project has been a great experience. I've heard from many who have enjoyed their small group discussions. The Truth Project "study" may be over, but the journey will continue.

This Sunday we are going to talk about “COMMUNITY AND INVOLEMENT: GOD CARES, DO I?”

The parable of the Good Samaritan offers a challenge for each of us, just as it did for those whom Jesus first told the story to. It challenges us to examine our own hearts and consider who the Samaritans in our lives are.

It further challenges us because Jesus calls us to live as "neighbors" to those we may think of as "untouchables," those people we'd just as soon not have any contact with at all.

But as Jesus Christ makes so very clear in the Parable of the Good Samaritan and in so many other examples from his life, there are no untouchables in the Kingdom of God. We are all created in the Divine Image, and we are all called to love each other.

Jesus made this very clear on the last night of his earthly life, when he told his disciples he was giving them a new commandment: "Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

This Sunday we’ll discover the One who went to the cross for you and for me is calling us to "Go and do likewise."

No comments: