Monday, November 17, 2008

Control

Life isn't easy. We all know that. We all face challenges big and small, and sometimes things seem to spin out of control. The key word is seem.

No matter how things look for you today, you can find a place of peace in the presence of God.

You can get centered in him, because he is for you, and because he is in control of every situation -- including this situation, today. It's a choice you make. A choice to be honest with your situation, and a choice to trust that God will deliver on his promises.

You can celebrate this day, because this is the day that God has designed to change you, to teach you, to help you.

You can ask for more than enough, because God has the ability to help you thrive. And you can look to the light, because in his word and in his presence, you will find all the help you need!

2 comments:

DAS said...

On Sunday, when Pastor Del talked about insurance, and how it seems like 'gambling,' I felt like I was listening to the same rant I've been spouting for 30 years.

Each time I pay a premium, I feel like I'm placing a bet that something bad is gonna happen to me or my family.

Both ways I lose. If nothing happens, I lose the money.

If something bad happens and the insurance company (hopefully) pays the damages, well ..... it's still bad.

Ruthie said...

With all of the medical situations I have faced during the past several months, this is a choice I have made every day. It is what has made this journey easier to bear. It is not easy letting God take control, but it is more than worth it. He is faithful and true and able to do more than I can ever dream or imagine. I praise Him daily for His mercy and grace.